- Finish some projects for the house, including: DIY cat tree, homemade DVD bookshelves, and others...Update: Definitely did lots of DIY projects, though we still don't have the DVD bookshelves made. That is priority #1 for 2013 DIY projects.
- Continue to workout (P90X) consistently...Update: We were really good about this one...until June, then we allowed the busyness of life to interrupt our daily routine. But, we made a wonderful turnaround in October by changing our diet and beginning semi-regular workouts again. Start well, end well!
- Stick to the Bible-reading plans each of us selected to read the Bible in one year - check out some plans at youversion.com - you can use their Bible app to remind you, or even read it on your phone. Michael chose the OwnIt365 plan, and I selected the Chronological plan...Update: Michael got partially through his plan but strives to stick with it this year; Christine finished her plan on 12/31 on schedule, but there were definitely some times I fell behind for weeks at a time and had lots of catching up to do, but I finally finished. For me, it was my first time in my life to read the entire Bible cover to cover. I was really proud of that accomplishment!
- Grow our faith more and more - through a trial we've been going through, the Lord has faithfully refined our character over 2011, but I'm confident that He is not finished with us yet, so as we move into 2012, I pray that He will continue to be our hope, comforter, and strength as we patiently wait for His will to be revealed in our lives...Update: We revealed early in the year that our trial is infertility. The Lord was so faithful in 2012 to continue teaching and molding us, hopefully preparing us to be godly parents. We look forward to more growth in 2013, and hope that our prayers will soon be answered.
Highlights from 2012
- Christine became a hairdresser...just kidding. I valiantly attempt to make my hubby's hair look good each and every time I cut it. I really hope as more time passes this will become second nature, but so far, though I've gotten a bit faster, I still get nervous that I'm going to botch it all up. :)
- Our best friends, The Cherrys, had their first baby boy, Jaythan. Last January, I threw her a baby shower. They welcomed cute little Jaythan on February 17th. Spoiler Alert for 2013, where they will welcome their second baby!
- Christine started a new ministry, sort of. We publicly announced that we were struggling with infertility and I felt lead to be a source of encouragement to others going through this. I held a support group meeting in March, but am not sure if that's the best way to encourage others (kind of turns into a sob-fest rather than kum ba yah). But, I continue to blog on Hope Does Not Disappoint and pray that the Lord uses that venue according to His will. At the very least, it's a big help to me in letting me get my feelings out.
- We took a rather spontaneous vacation to the Grand Canyon when Michael conveniently had to go to Phoenix for a work conference. It was so much fun, and so very beautiful.
- 2012 was apparently the year of traveling, because we also had the pleasure of taking a road trip to New Mexico to visit Allen and Julie in honor of our 5-year wedding anniversary! It was so much fun, especially because we got to take Ginger and Abby with us. They have now been to four states.
- We both traveled to Washington, D.C., but separately. We each had to travel to D.C. for work, and the dates didn't overlap, but it was fun getting to talk about our experiences afterward and relate, even though we weren't seeing the sights together.
- Michael showered our cats with love by building them a gorgeous cat tree. They returned the favor by urinating inside the house, thereby making Fred and Ethel outdoor cats. Hershey could not be happier being the solitary house cat.
- The reality of our dogs' mortality hit us this year. Ginger had to wear the cone of shame and get an x-ray because she had trouble walking for a few days. And Abby slipped on the tile while jumping up for a toy, tweaking her leg a bit. They are both back to normal now, but it was - as dramatic as it sounds - heartbreaking for us to think that they won't always be our baby puppies. We'll just have to soak up as much cuteness and sweetness as possible, which they give in abundance.
- Christine is riding horses again!! After several years of missing it, I signed up for a half-lease that is the perfect situation for me.
- We traveled to Boston for a vacation/Christine work conference. We LOVE Boston! Seriously wouldn't mind living there...after all, who else is going to love on and feed those squirrels?!
- We made a significant dietary change in striving for optimal health and increased fertility.
- The world didn't end on 12/21/2012...silly Mayans...no one can predict the exact date. (Matthew 24:36-41....36 "But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father alone. 37 For the coming of the Son of Man will be just like the days of Noah. 38 For as in those days before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark, 39 and they did not understand until the flood came and took them all away; so will the coming of the Son of Man be. 40 Then there will be two men in the field; one will be taken and one will be left. 41 Two women will be grinding at the mill; one will be taken and one will be left.)
- Our Christmas was low-key, and travel-free...which was perfect for us this year. We ate dinner and played games with Michael's family on Christmas Eve, and Michael made a faux fireplace mantle for his mom. On Christmas Day, we worked super hard to finish a ginormous cat tree for my mom, which she loved, and was the sole reason for her forgiving us for being so late for dinner. :)
Way to go, DIY Man!
Praying this New Year is full of joy and recognizing the blessings of the Lord!
Love,
The Yagers



No comments:
Post a Comment