And The Results Are In...

As I've previously mentioned (here and here), we started a new diet/lifestyle on October 28, 2012. The diet is based on the recommendations of Forks Over Knives and The Wellness Forum.

Before beginning this diet, August 2012 to be specific, we had our blood tested to go along with our routine physical care. On January 11, 2012, we each had our blood tested again to see how this diet has impacted our overall health, and we're pleased to say that the results are in and amaze us. So, drum-roll please...after eating this new diet for just under 11 weeks...

Michael:
  • Lost 10-15 pounds
  • Looks extremely lean, muscular, and fit
  • Experiences quicker and greater muscle growth with less effort than before
  • Has a faster recovery in between workouts
  • Feels more energetic and mentally focused
  • No headaches (previously got several a week)
  • No longer taking any vitamins or supplements
  • Formerly had high blood pressure in the 150s/160s over 100s. Now has normal readings: 119 over 58
  • Cholesterol went from 208 to 156!

Christine:
  • Lost between 20-30 pounds (and yes, I had that to lose...I was about 159 a year ago)
  • Lost several inches around my waist, hips, thighs, and arms
  • Looks toned and fit...Michael says I "look like a physical trainer"...*smile*
  • Feels more energetic and mentally focused throughout the day
  • No headaches anymore (I was getting several a week before)
  • No irritable bowel-like symptoms at all (sorry if that's TMI, but previously I would experience IBS-like symptoms a few times a month)
  • Hormones in the process of balancing out naturally
  • Increased cervical mucus (vital for conception, and was something I was always trying to improve with herbs/supplements, but nothing worked!)
  • No longer taking any vitamins, supplements, Clomid, or using progesterone cream. My well-rounded diet allows me to get all the nutrients my body needs, naturally.
  • My cholesterol went from 138 to 113

I think the only thing missing is Before & After photos of us, but we didn't really plan for that, and we'd rather not show de-clothed pictures of ourselves on the internet...so tough cookies! But only if they're dairy-, oil-, and refined sugar-free :)

We are loving every bit of this new lifestyle, and look forward to continuing down the path and wherever He may lead us.

1 Corinthians 6:19-20
19 Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and that you are not your own? 20 For you have been bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body.

1 comment:

The Cherrys' said...

Great job guys and congrats on all the improvements. Can't wait to see you two in a couple weeks.

Post a Comment