Cow Appreciation Day

For those who have not heard about this, every summer Chick-fil-A has a Cow Appreciation Day, where if you dress up like a cow, you get free food. Yes, it's as simple as that. Free. You basically have two choices, put in a little bit of effort and you get a free entree item. If you dress from head to toe, you get a free meal.

Our friends the Cherrys introduced us to Cow Appreciation Day in 2010. That year and last year we only put in a little bit of effort and wore a cow headband to get a free entree. Although, we did do this for breakfast, lunch, and two times at dinner...

This year, Cow Appreciation Day fell on Friday, July 13th.

We didn't get a chance to go to Chick-fil-A for breakfast this year :(

While I was at work, I made a prototype cow headband, because since 2010, we haven't found the official ones at any of the Chick-fil-A's in B/CS.

Photobucket

I found Chick-fil-A made headbands when we went there for lunch, so never had to make them ourselves...I just wanted you to see that I could do it if the world is ever experiencing a shortage on cow headbands. You never know.

For lunch that day, we only wore the headbands to get a free entree.

Photobucket

July 13th also just so happened to be the night we were hosting a dinner with Sunday school friends (Mystery 4x4 dinner), so we decided to meet at Chick-fil-A to get free food and then go back to our house to play games. Sorry I didn't get any pictures of our friends, but I assure you they had a great time too.

So before dinner, Michael and I dressed up like a cow from head to toe and got free meals for dinner. When we went to Chick-fil-A we put on the cow headbands as well, but forgot to put them on in the picture.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket



It was time consuming to cut out all those cow spots, especially the black ones because we didn't have any black paper (and didn't want to go buy some), so we cut out white spots and hand colored them black. one. by. one. All in good fun though!

1 comment:

The Cherrys' said...

Looks like fun!!! Glad you guys found more hats.

Post a Comment