Our Life in Cats, Part II

I realize we've been focusing a whole lot on our cats, but it's only because we've been enjoying the process of trying to improve their quality of life lately. And if you stick around long enough, you might get to see a few pics of the dogs as well...

So as I mentioned in my previous post, my amazingly talented husband built a cat tree for our three cats. Fred immediately fancied it, but the other two took a bit longer to warm up to the new addition to the dining room. Well, we are pleased to present how Ethel and Hershey have grown to like the cat tree too.

Photobucket
"Come on silly, don't be a scaredy cat!"

Photobucket
"Fine...I don't care..."

Photobucket
"Yes you see Ethel? It's not bad up here"

Photobucket
"WAIT, WHAT WAS THAT!?"

Photobucket
"HOLY COW, I BETTER GET OUTTA HERE!"

Photobucket
"I may have overreacted...but just in case, you're wise to stick to the ground level."

Photobucket
"Yes, THIS is the way to use this thing...you have to go all the way to the TOP!"

Photobucket
"When will this crazy lady with the camera go away? We need our beauty rest!"



This past weekend we did something we've never done. I woke up Friday morning to a crime scene equivalent of cat vomit in the dining room. I don't know what happened in there, but there was vomit on the wall too. Fun stuff, I know. Anyway, on Saturday morning, there was more vomit but this time it wasn't as bad and I could immediately tell that it was because Fred chewed up and ate bits of packaging tape from a box sitting on the counter. Yes, he's a troublemaker like that. Well, he started to act queasy again, and I was sick of cleaning it up by that point, so while leaving the dogs inside, we picked Fred up and placed him in the back yard so he could puke out there and not have to clean it. Since all three of our cats are indoor cats 24/7, we weren't sure how Fred would react. As it turned out, he LOVED it! We put him out there again on Sunday since he seemed to enjoy himself so much, and we've decided we'll start giving him backyard privileges if he behaves himself.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
"This is AWESOME!!"



And in case you've missed the little kittens that we babysat, here's an updated photo. Two of the four are the ones my mom will keep (the ones we babysat) and the other two are going to their new home in about a week or two.

Photobucket
Mom is keeping the one up front (boy, "Kindle") and the one in the middle of the back row (girl, "Keeper").



And last, but certainly not least...our sweet puppy dogs wanted to be featured in today's blog post as well.

Photobucket
"Mommy, do you not love me anymore?!"

Photobucket
"Zzzzz...huh? what? Oh...camera...Zzzz..."

1 comment:

The Cherrys' said...

The pictures are cute! I seriously think Fred believes he is king of the Yager Kitty Kingdom. He looks so happy outside in the sun. I can't imagine what he is thinking. The kittens are cute too. I enjoy all the captions. It makes the pictures more fun.

Post a Comment