Boy, it is HOT outside!

In the winter I usually start to think that living in Texas isn't so bad, maybe I could live here longer and enjoy it...and then summer rolls around and I remember, oh yeah, this is why we want to live in Colorado someday! My car temp reading said 112 degrees earlier this month. Um, little hot don't you think??

Anyways, despite the heat, we still try to get outdoors to have fun with the dogs and play softball (although now we wait until the evening to take the sting of the heat away). Last Tuesday we lost our game by one point, and last night we won 20-4. So far we have won 3 games, lost 2. We have all been having a lot of fun playing and having a winning attitude no matter how the score ends up.

Abby is much better, all back to normal except the hair is shaved where the infection was. In other news, Michael and I rearranged our upstairs area (technically our living room/office). We switched the location of the loveseat and TV/entertainment center to make it a little more spacious (mostly for when playing the Wii).

Last weekend we had some friends over to play the Wii and I made a dessert for the first time that I thought turned out really yummy. I got the recipe from the smitten kitchen blog. I had to cook the strawberry mixture on med-low heat for about 30 minutes covered before the dumplings cooked through. And I used cinnamon sugar mixture instead of just plain sugar. The result: Delicious!

And my final piece of random info updating you on the Yager happenings in life: We have watched three new movies lately that I'd like to give a quick review on...

1. The International starring Clive Owen, rated R
I give it 3 out of 5 Yager stars because the ending was such a let down. The buildup was great, it was free of sexual content (it did have violence and language though), but the ending was no good.

2. Defiance starring Daniel Craig, rated R
I give this movie a 5 out of 5 Yager stars. It was entertaining, inspirational, and based on a true story about Jewish people trying to survive in the forests during the Holocaust.

3. Leatherheads starring George Clooney, rated PG-13
I give this movie a 3 out of 5 Yager stars because it was a tad on the boring side. It had a lot of funny dialogue and was for the most part free of sexual and other inappropriate content, but the movie centers around one big lie and a love triangle. Anyways, it failed to hold our interest.

That's all for now folks, hope to blog more soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment