
Last Monday I got into our new Camry to go home and noticed that the Tire Pressure Monitoring System indicator light was on. Since Michael was busy studying at school for an exam the next day, I didn't want to call him at all so that I wouldn't add any further stress to his day. I thought, "I'm a smart woman, I can figure this out myself!" So I drove to a gas station, found which tire was low on air, and filled it up to its proper level. All done, right? Wrong. The indicator light was still on, and I couldn't figure out why until I got back out and looked at the tire itself. I noticed
two metallic shards (the above picture is one of them) stuck into the tire tread. I finally decided to drive home and seek Michael's help later. But to top it all off, when I was trying to screw the air cap back onto the tire, I dropped it and it fell
into the hubcap to where I could not retrieve it. When Michael looked at the metal shards, he tried to remove one and we heard air leaking out heavily. Our first flat tire...but we took it to Discount Tire last Wednesday morning and they fixed it for us. The adventures of being grown-ups!
No comments:
Post a Comment