We had the pleasure of traveling to Galveston on April 5th with some friends in our Newlywed/Young Married Sunday School class. Michael and I spent the afternoon at Moody Gardens, where we first visited the Aquarium Pyramid and saw sharks, seals, penguins, and much more! I think penguins are so cute!! We then visited the Discovery Pyramid and saw a Titanic artifact exhibition. Even though the line moved really slowly, we enjoyed reading the historical facts about the recovered pieces and the people involved. I think my personal favorite thing was the stack of dishes that were found years later still stacked perfectly in a row in the sand because when the cabinet that held them landed there, it eventually rotted away. Sorry, no pictures were allowed at the Titanic exhibit.




Then we saw an IMAX 3D film about prehistoric "Sea Monsters", which was pretty fun! I had to keep telling myself, "It's not real, nothing is really coming at you!" Finally we went to the Rainforest Pyramid and saw exotic birds and other things. The leopard looking cat is called an ocelot. Then we met back up with the group and ate dinner at Salsas - yummy! Around sunset we went to the Strand and watched Back to the Future in the public square. We had such a fun trip!
No comments:
Post a Comment