Welcome to Our Blog!

























We have been married since May 19, 2007. We joined the Newlywed/Young Married (NWYM) Sunday school class at Grace Bible Church last summer and absolutely love it! We have met so many wonderful friends -- we feel so blessed to be a part of such a spirit-filled bunch! The game nights, 4x4's, Saturday morning workouts, and other socials are a blast!!

Michael is currently a junior majoring in Aerospace Engineering at A&M. His professors are ridiculously hard, unfair, and unwilling to answer questions. I don't know how he does it! He is now working for Space Engineering Institute (SEI), which is an added blessing to our income! He also joined a Men's Bible Study on Wednesday nights that offers him close friendship and accountability. (While he's digging into the Word, I'm at home cooking a meal for him to come home to each week!) Michael is now planning to take the fast-track in completing a Master of Engineering degree in the Industrial & Systems Engineering department. If the Lord is willing, he plans to graduate in May 2009 with his undergrad degree and in December 2009 with his masters degree. Wow, he's amazing!!

I am currently working on my Master of Engineering degree in the Industrial & Systems Engineering department (the same thing Michael plans on getting). My courses this semester are much more laid back than last semester, so I'm actually able to handle school, work, and wifely duties! I am a graduate assistant researcher at Texas Transportation Institute (TTI) -- I love my job and the flexibility and future opportunities they give me. I attend a Thursday night Bible study, where we are currently going through the Beth Moore study: Beloved Disciple. I am enjoying it and the lovely ladies I am getting to know better each week.

As for our babies: we have a doberman pinscher, Ginger, and three cats, Fred, Ethel, and Hershey. Ginger is our little runt velcro puppy because she ALWAYS has to be in direct physical contact with her mommy and daddy (us!). She eats, drinks, and potties a whole lot, but she has the most adorable face in world. We enjoy taking her to the city dog park and let her run around and play with other canines. She is definitely our spoiled little princess, with a pink collar to match her sassy attitude. Fred and Ethel were my two kittens from high school -- they have never missed a meal, so they are somewhat tubby. But they are my cute little loveballs! Ethel is a Mama's Girl, and generally doesn't like to socialize with anyone else - especially Ginger. She is a black tortoise colored kitty. Fred is the coolest cat in town. He is an orange tabby cat. Michael likes to hold him upside down, and Fred just hangs there chillin'. My mom says he's not the brightest, but I think his intelligence is so great, he chooses to hide it. Hershey was my Granny's cat, but I adopted her when she passed away in August 2006. She is such a beauty, 3/4 Himalayan, 1/4 Siamese - her killer blue eyes can enchant even the most avid cat haters.

We live in a 2 bedroom, 2 bath condo that my parents let us stay in for a very reasonable amount. Our future plans are to move to Colorado Springs, CO, where we would enjoy 4 seasons, lots of cool sunshine, scenic views of mountains, open space, a conservative atmosphere and great industry opportunities. We plan to get a couple more dogs along the way :)

I hope you have enjoyed hearing the brief story of our new life together! God Bless you and have a wonderful day!

-Michael & Christine

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for letting us read your blog. Good job! Here's ours:
www.chestnutridgechurch.com/blogs/keseys

We miss you'all,
David and Sue

Post a Comment