Last night just after finishing cooking dinner (tacos), I went to the fridge to grab the jug of salsa to serve with dinner. As I was taking the container out of the fridge, I was trying to close the door and start shaking the container...you know - multitasking. Apparently that is not something a clumsy person should partake in. The container hit the back of the dining chair and cracked open. Not the lid popping off. No. The bottom of the plastic container cracked with one hit and splattered red salsa in the vicinity. In our new house, this would not have been cause for major concern. But in our tiny apartment, the "vicinity" included:
chair(s)
tablecloth
laptop, cell phones, papers, and camera bag sitting on the tablecloth
kitchen floor
wall
items on desk in front of wall
carpet next to the bed
bed
bed spread
baskets of clean laundry sitting on top of bed spread
After lots of Spray & Wash, two extraneous loads of laundry, and frustration while watching our warm dinner just sit there uneaten...all clean. I was too mad to take a picture of the damage when it happened, but it would have been a good one. If it was a murder scene, it would have looked like several of these guys, with chunks of tomato and onion:
And The Clumsy Award Goes To...
Posted by
Christine
on Monday, September 26, 2011
Labels:
RANDOM YAGER FAMILY FUN

2 comments:
Oh man. I did a similar thing once where I snagged the cord of the electric skillet that contained our dinner and upended it onto the floor. What a horrible, infuriating feeling. I think we had cereal for dinner that night.
Oh my that is a small space, all that to clean makes me frustrated just thinking about it :) I hope you got to eat it evenutally
Post a Comment