Sorry we haven't updated in a while!
Thanksgiving we ate at my parent's house. For the rest of the break, we did...nothing! Which was exactly what we wanted to do. It was so relaxing to just stay home and be together.
We enjoyed taking advantage of a one-month free trial of Netflix in November. I can certainly see why Netflix is doing so well - it's really nice to stream certain movies directly to your TV. I think we watched around 20 movies total last month!
This past weekend Michael played flag football with other men from the NWYM class, while several wives and I baked cookies at Nancy's house. Oh my, we made like 6 different cookies and each type we had several dozen. Just picture a large dining room table full of trays of cookies, and that's not enough room for all the cookies we made. Needless to say, no need to make dessert this week! While at Nancy's house, Brittany also stopped by with her adorable twin girls. She taught me how to feed and burp little Karis, which I've never really known how to do. Better late than never!
Sunday evening we ate dinner with our 4x4 group at the Morrissey's. It was delicious food and fun times playing Taboo. And I always love the chance to play with their 6 pets...that's right folks, they have one additional pet than we do. But at least they live in a house. :)
I also finished the final book in the Love Comes Softly series by Janette Oke. It was so fun getting to know the characters and see the story of their lives play out. They are Christian fictional books and just very uplifting. The books are very different from the movies, so I highly recommend them if you're looking for something to read. But since I finished this series, that means that I have started reading Twilight. Yes, I like the story. Yes, I like the movies. No, I don't wear Team Edward/Jacob T-shirts and go ask around hoping to become a vampire. I just like the story. I especially love how the books are written like I would be reading my own diary. I greatly look forward to reading this series.
This week has been pretty busy for us at work. So if you feel like praying for us, please pray for Michael and his group to win lots of proposals that they submit. Thanks!
Sunday evening we ate dinner with our 4x4 group at the Morrissey's. It was delicious food and fun times playing Taboo. And I always love the chance to play with their 6 pets...that's right folks, they have one additional pet than we do. But at least they live in a house. :)
I also finished the final book in the Love Comes Softly series by Janette Oke. It was so fun getting to know the characters and see the story of their lives play out. They are Christian fictional books and just very uplifting. The books are very different from the movies, so I highly recommend them if you're looking for something to read. But since I finished this series, that means that I have started reading Twilight. Yes, I like the story. Yes, I like the movies. No, I don't wear Team Edward/Jacob T-shirts and go ask around hoping to become a vampire. I just like the story. I especially love how the books are written like I would be reading my own diary. I greatly look forward to reading this series.
This week has been pretty busy for us at work. So if you feel like praying for us, please pray for Michael and his group to win lots of proposals that they submit. Thanks!
No comments:
Post a Comment