My Meemaw is 90!

As of May 14, she is 90 years old! My Meemaw is the greatest grandmother a kid could ask for. She's kind, loving, wise, respectful, generous, and loves the Lord with all her heart and soul. I have so many precious memories of sleeping over at her house as a kid and she never tired of playing "horse" (me running around on all fours), teacher, jewelry store, and anything else my crazy imagination came up with at that age! She would tell me a bedtime story, and then make me scrambled eggs in the morning while I watched cartoons. And as I've grown older and am now married, I see her value and wonderful character so much more. She was so very respectful to her late husband. She was a living example of Ephesians 5:33 - she respected him no matter what. Period. How incredible is that?!

Two Saturdays ago we celebrated her birthday with family. My parents hosted the party at their house and ordered Buppy's catering (yummy chicken spaghetti). It was really nice to catch up with some more distant family members and also show Meemaw the praise she deserves for having lived as the Proverbs 31 woman her whole life. The Lord truly blessed me by granting me the honor of being her grand-daughter.

Here is a slideshow of pictures from the party:


No comments:

Post a Comment