I'm about to step on a mini-soap box. Ok. I hate smoking. I was elated when BCS banned smoking in public places. You have to start with baby steps. But seriously, I wish smokers would realize that their habit affects other people when they do it anywhere else but their own home or sealed up in their car.
Maybe it's because I used to work in one of the most smoke-filled bars in CS (before the city banned smoking in bars too), but I really hate smoking. I don't care what a person chooses to do to their own body, but why should they have any control over what they do to my body? This is essentially what happens when I am forced to walk through a cloud of smoke to get into the entrance of a building on campus where I work or to sit in the bleachers at the softball fields. I really wish smokers would be more considerate of other people besides themselves and only do this disgusting habit when they are 100% alone.
This is what I saw one day as I was on my way to my office building. "Yuck" doesn't even scratch the surface. There, I'm done.


Perhaps the "Loading Zone" here is referring to the smokers' lungs...
No comments:
Post a Comment