Softball Fun

We had our first softball game on May 26th, and we only lost by one point, 7-6. We were all a little frustrated because the umpires were brand new, still going through training, and so they didn't really make the best calls. But it is behind us and we learned that no matter how things go down, we all need to keep positive attitudes and show encouragement to everyone, including the other team. So this past Tuesday was our second game and we all had much better attitudes, and more experienced umpires. And we ended up winning 19-8! It was so much fun!

Michael started his Summer I courses on Monday and he is really enjoying taking more laid back classes (he's done with AERO classes forever!) We've been blessed to spend time with friends a lot lately, which is always so fun. And last night Jonathan and Anna let us buddy up with them to go see the new Star Trek movie (they had a free pass for 4 people). I never watched the TV series or movies, but this one was very good! I may have to go back and try to catch up on the decades of Trek adventures! Here is the kids-in-mind review for Star Trek if you are interested.

Earlier this week we also watched Saving Private Ryan on DVD that we borrowed from some friends. I had never seen it before (I know, I ought to be ashamed), so I'm glad I finally saw it - it was very moving and made me respect all those who have served or do serve in the military, but it was also a little disturbing for me. The movie was extremely graphic (I couldn't watch every part, too much blood for me to handle), but I'm guessing it's realistic. I know I sound like a beauty pageant contestant, but I just wish there was no war at all - it's all so ugly no matter what side you're on or what the cause is. But that's not the world we live in, so I'm thankful for those who fight to defend my freedom to sit here and wish for world peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment