On Saturday we went to bed around 8:00PM because we woke up at 4:00AM Sunday morning to head out to Lubbock to see my friends Kristen & Aaron get married. She let me be one of her photographers at her wedding, which was a lot of fun and great experience for me. I think I got some great shots and can't wait to send them to her. The drive was long, but nothing compared to our 17 hour trip to Colorado Springs last December, so we didn't complain much! We ended up getting home at about 1:00AM Monday morning.
Monday evening was the only chance I had this week to cook, so I made us a lot of food to tide us over all week. I made chicken enchiladas (baked, not fried) with rice, beans, and salsa. It's pretty good if I do say so myself.
Tuesday the 19th was our 2 year wedding anniversary!! We celebrated by taking a blanket to the park and sat and talked about hurdles we've overcome and dreamed about our future years together. I'm so blessed to have Michael as my husband - my life would be so boring without his charm, big ideas, and sense of humor. Thank you God for letting me be his wife! We took a pit stop to attend the coaches meeting for softball and got the schedule and other information. Then we ate dinner at Caffe Capri (delicious), went to Maggie Moo's for dessert (double delicious), and watched Paul Blart: Mall Cop on DVD. It was really funnny - Kevin James is such a hilarious actor!!
Yesterday we ate dinner with my parents, Meemaw (who just turned 89 on the 14th - she's amazing!!), and Michael's mom at Applebee's. They currently have a special where you can get one appetizer and two entrees for $20. Mmm...good! Afterwards, we went to my parent's house for dessert, which was of course delicious also!

Later last night, you may think we're nutso, we went up to Cinemark at about 10:15PM to wait in line to see Terminator Salvation that was showing at 12:01AM...yeah, we're big fans...We played Phase 10 to pass the time. At least they let us into the theater at 10:45 so we weren't having to stand. The movie, in my opinion (not sure if Michael agrees), was awesome! The action was incredible and very well done. It has a different storyline than the previous three, but I don't think it lost any entertainment points for that. 5 out of 5 stars if you ask me. So, needless to say, I'm a bit tired today at work....but it was worth it...
No comments:
Post a Comment