Blessings



In the spirit of Thanksgiving soon approaching, I thought I would take this opportunity to share how the Lord has blessed and enriched our lives:


My husband is a brilliant and ambitious man who has accomplished so much in his 22+ years on this earth. Now I know that worldly successes are not eternal, but in our minds they are still blessings to enjoy while we live. So on that note, Michael was blessed to receive a scholarship from Chevron this fall semester, which has allowed us to have more financial stability. He's kind of a big deal here at A&M...

http://engineer.tamu.edu/news/index.php/2008/11/12/engineering-students-awarded-chevron-corporation-project-management-fellowships/
I don't know how long that link will be valid, but I hope forever!



In August we were blessed by having the ability and means to move into a new apartment. Although it has one less bedroom than our previous place, it fits well with our living needs. It has a larger and more open kitchen, so we don't bump into each other all the time! It also has a full-size washer and dryer that are only a year old, and they can handle a super-size load...seeing as how I'm not the greatest at keeping up with doing laundry, it is nice to be able to wash a huge load of our clothes at once, whereas before I would have to break it up into 2 or 3 loads. Also, the new dryer finishes drying in less than 2 hours!! (At our old place, I would have to dry loads overnight!) We also love how quiet the complex is and it's great location. We get to spend more time outdoors with our pups because we are within such short walking distance from several great parks. We're also closer to A&M, which makes commuting much nicer. And finally, you may find this silly, but our apartment is located at the perfect distance from the dumpster. It is so close, that it's no hassle to carry things to it, and far enough that it is just out of sight (and smell). Thank you God for allowing us to live here!

Michael and I had a major exam this morning in our Survey of Optimization class. We had just enough time to fully prepare for it, and praise our Lord, the exam was very straightforward and comfortable for us both. We don't know our grade yet, but we feel really good about it! PRAISE GOD!


Another thing I am thankful for is my husband and how he works so hard to show himself up. Allow me to explain. My birthday is on Tuesday, and every year Michael sneaks around and plots some wonderful event (not without teasing me about it to pique my curiosity) and tries to outdo his previous years' ideas. I can't wait for the surprise!

We are also very thankful for and blessed by the friends in our lives. We have never known so many true friends who bring so much joy to our lives. Thank you all!

Another blessing in our lives is our pets. We love coming home to a house full of animals! They offer a kind of companionship that nothing else can.

And finally, I'm thankful for the upcoming holidays. I look forward to a few days of rest and quality time with family. And soon enough, Christmas will be here as well!

So there you have it: our laundry list of blessings...What are you thankful for?
"So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness." - Colossians 2:6-7

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yay for the Chevron scholarship!! Tell Michael that Greg and I congratulate him on the great accomplishment. We can attest that the financial help is a huge blessing :-)

I am blessed to have a wonderful husband, a cuddly dog, a warm and comfortable house, friends who challenge me and love me, a fun job, and that Greg's dissertation is flying along and he's getting job interviews underway! It is an exciting time and the Lord is faithful to show me the good gifts that He gives.

Thanks for sharing yours, chica :-)

Post a Comment