Continuing the Yager summer tradition, we are coaching a coed softball team for the NWYM class called HOLY MATRIMONY! We had T-shirts made this year, so it's fun to all be coordinated. The team players are completely new this year, except for Michael, me, Jesse and Ashley, but we have a total of 14 players and their attitudes and enthusiasm for the sport is so motivating. We were formerly used to practices ending immediately after the last person finished batting, but not this year! This team is so enthusiastic about playing softball that several want to bat a second time, or they want to practice plays with base runners and the like. Their excitement has been very contagious. Due to my travel plans for work, I unfortunately have missed the first two games of the season, which really stinks because they have kicked some booty and won both games by several runs. This past Tuesday I was finally back in town and ready/pumped to play, but then the game was cancelled due to rain, and rescheduled for July 17 -- which I will be unavailable for (travel for work again). Grr...
Michael has been working on several DIY house projects. I really want this to be a separate blog post with pictures, so I won't say too much yet, other than just how proud I am to have such a handy and talented husband. He's so creative and skilled at researching the best way to do practically everything that the end products are phenomenal.
It's not all work and no play though...at the end of April we bought a heavy-duty double hammock from Lowes. It was kind of an impulse purchase, but we've been enjoying and using it a lot. We've used it a lot more than I expected. Even though our high-temperatures during the day are getting quite unbearable, the hammock is currently under our back porch, that has a ceiling fan, so it stays much cooler than if it were exposed in the yard. (The hammock is connected to a stand that has wheels, so we can move it wherever we want to.) We've spent lots of time in the evenings, afternoons, and at night-time during rainstorms just enjoying the peaceful quietness outside. Since we have a greenbelt behind our fence, the views of the sun setting through the trees have been beautiful to watch. And then of course there is this little girl who insists on joining us up on the hammock:



We have been loving our life at home, and are just so thankful to be living in this house. I cannot believe that it has already been a year since we began the building process! The time has flown by, but that's okay -- that time has consisted of getting settled in this beautiful home life, where we both look forward to coming back to each day, and wishing we didn't have to leave each morning. Seeing our pets relax and enjoy this house has also been such a joy for us. We love this house, the neighborhood, the location...everything about it. We're just so thankful. And this weekend we'll get to play the host and hostess because the Cherrys are coming to stay with us, hooray!
2 comments:
Whooo whooo we can't wait to see you guys!! Looking forward to hanging out at your house too while we are there.
Make sure you give my nephew lots of kisses! I hate we are missing the christening. Laliah I hope you get to play a softball game soon!
Post a Comment