I know this post is way overdue (as are the next several you might see), but better late than never...
In early October we drove to Dallas and visited the Cherrys for our third annual tradition of going to the Texas State Fair together. On the first night, the Wickershams also came over and we had a night full of laughter and playing the game Joker...unfortunately the guys defeated the girls, so I will not elaborate more on this topic. We are always sad to see close friends move away, but we're glad when they choose a destination within driving distance.

The next day we got up early and went to the Texas State Fair. Last year it was fairly crowded due to a football game, and this year was no exception as OU played UT. But we were prepared for the crowd and arrived as the game had just started. It was a beautiful cool day, very pleasant for being outside.
In the previous two years, we focused a lot on the shows and events at the fair, but this year was all about the food. I think we only went to one show...
Michael making his "mongoose" face as he devours a turkey leg
Our besties, the Cherrys (I like to rhyme sometimes)
The other fun thing we like to do at the state fair is visit the petting zoo. By far, the most entertaining animals at the petting zoo are the ostriches. These creatures are very feisty. They dodge and weave their heads around like they're plotting the best way to peck your eyes out, but in reality, all they want is the bird seed in your hand. I've witnessed children with faces full of excitement and with hands full of cups of bird seed approach the fence where the ostriches are...and I've seen these children's faces turn to looks of horror as they realize how scary it is to feed the ostriches. You don't believe me? I dare you to try it...
Michael was
We had a wonderful time this year and hope that we have many more annual visits to the fair with the Cherrys!


No comments:
Post a Comment