Recent & Random

Sorry it's been over a month since I've updated. Without further ado, here are some recent and random happenings for the Yager Family...


Granny gave Ginger & Abby a stuffed toy...which was promptly destroyed
(and which Abby threw up in the middle of that night...fun stuff)




We hosted a 4x4 dinner at our apartment and I made this for dessert.
It's a chocolate chip cookie dough cheesecake.
(A 4x4 is for our NWYM Sunday School class - 4 couples get together 4 times in the semester)





Also for NWYM, we were responsible for collecting responses from the class for an upcoming event.
Michael as his usual silly self wanted to make it fun and memorable to do so.
This is a bread basket that my parents didn't want anymore (shocking, I know).
Since I don't envision myself ever using it to hold bread, it is now the offical class response-eating mascot. He must be fed, or he will become angry. You wouldn't like him when he's angry.
In case you can't read what's written, it says: "Possessed Kitty Wants Your Response!"





This past weekend we drove up to Dallas to visit the Cherrys. We were also excited to visit with the Wickershams. We all got together Friday and Saturday nights.



The Cherrys, a very creative and fun couple, thought
it would be fun to play the Newlywed game (even though all of us have been married for much longer). Nevertheless, the Cherrys wrote the questions and MC'd the game.

The last question was a bonus question where your response had to match your spouse's. The question was "What is the secret to your marriage?" to which Michael and I both answered "Communication." Jessica also said "Communication," but Jonathan had to be different (you know exactly what I mean if you know him) and said, "We don't reveal secrets."

It was a really fun weekend. Things we did that we did not take pictures of were two trips
to Yogurt Zone (the Spoons of Dallas), walking several miles at a beautiful park, watching Runaway Jury, playing the 50 States Name Game, and playing Puerto Rico. Anna also made delicious meals the whole weekend and spoiled us as she always does. :)
Thanks again Cherrys for hosting us!

Coming up in the Yager Family: Christine is co-hosting a baby shower and attempting to make the cake by herself...stay tuned for a success or a total disaster...

1 comment:

katie said...

I love Ginger & Abby's faces in that picture!

Post a Comment