Super Mario Galaxy:

I takes some getting used to, and is quite challenging, but still fun. Do you have a particular Mario "bad guy" you just really can't stand? I do, and here's mine:

Why? Because he takes cheap shots. He appears out of nowhere, hits you, and disappears quickly afterwards making it very difficult to kill him. So that makes me feel rushed to get through the level.
Michael thinks this is funny, but I'm a slow game player. I don't like to rush through levels. I enjoy it when I can just explore every nook and cranny of a level. So you know what also makes me super nervous in this game? The Speedy Comets. Yeah, after you have already beaten a level once, you have to go back and beat it AGAIN but this time with a time limit or you die. Talk about stressful! I usually pass the controller to him at that point!
Another game we have enjoyed is Mario Party 8. It's really different from the Mario Party 1 I grew up playing on the Nintendo 64. But it's fun. My personal favorite level is the "Goomba's Booty Boardwalk" because it's one long stretch of a game board and the star is completely free. It takes a lot of the competition out of it, which makes me happier to play. Here's a picture of that level:
And finally, we have had lots of fun...and challenges...playing New Super Mario Bros. The really fun thing about this game, is that multiple players can play at the same time. This is both good and bad. It's good because if one of you dies, the other remains and can continue to move forward through the level. The one who died can be brought back in too. The bad part of this is that we often get in each other's way. Plus, I think since multiple people can play at the same time, the game writers made all the levels ridiculously hard. Lots of cheap shots in this game. Here's a picture of four people playing at the same time:

There are lots of fun hats & powers in this game. One of them pictured is the blue character's hat. It's a spin hat that allows you to jump and propel yourself really high and then gradually float down again. There is also: Ice flower, fire flower, mini Mario, penguin suit, and more that I'm sure we have yet to discover. Mini Mario is hilarious. He makes high pitched voice noises and runs across water with little splatter sounds. Michael loves being Mini Mario.
Thank you for "wii"-ding our blog. LOL

1 comment:
We play the new Super Mario Bros. and I agree with everything you said. Bryan loves mini Mario as well and he is like you exploring every nook and cranny to find secret coins or passages! Fun Times!
Post a Comment